06 December 2006

TheyWorkForYou.com and Open Politics

Today I received an email from a service I signed up to recently. I'd forgotten about it because it dealt with the apparently yawn-worthy subject of what my local Member of Parliament said. In fact, the service promises to deliver to me, freshly-baked, all the wit and wisdom of said Honourable Member.

Now, truth to tell, what the chap opined about the number of buses on Chelsea bridge was less than gripping. But the point is, I now know when he speaks, and what he says. Not only that, the information on the site TheyWorkForYou.com presents a gloriously Web 2.0-ified version of Parliamentary speeches, complete with Ajaxy popups, and links to more information about MPs than you could shake an identity card at.

In short, the service turns the whole area into a data wonderland. This is what open politics should be. Thanks: YouReallyReallyDoWorkForMe.

No comments: