05 July 2013

Birth of a Meme: the Tweetlog

As some of you may know, alongside this blog here - a slightly empty place at the moment, for which apologies - I run something called rather grandly "Moody's Microblog Daily Digest".  This is simply a collection of most of my tweets for each day - discarding the ephemeral ones that are replies etc.

It's mainly so that I have a readily-accessible store of them that is independent of Twitter, and that I can search through easily since Twitter's search is pretty feeble (hint, hint...).

Now I see that Björn Brembs has started doing the same on his blog.  He's dubbed it a "tweetlog", which seems a pretty good description.  What do people think?  Is this the birth of meme?


Jean-Marc Liotier said...

It might be useful, but I have found annoying to have Twitter digests embedded in article feeds when I already subscribe to the corresponding microblog. A separate "Twitter digest" feed would solve that : integrate the digests in the blog layout but keep it a separate feed... But that requires more flexibility than Blogger provides.

glyn moody said...

well, this is slightly different, because it's a blog where each post is a set of tweets that aren't otherwise available in a consolidated form

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a Tweetlog, but I already have one by running my own StatusNet site - I'll always have access to my Dents, in context, with no additional effort required.

Something I'd like to see in your Tweetlog is a link back to the original Tweet, so that we can see the original context, and any replies.


glyn moody said...

unfortunately, that would be an impossible amount of work. as it is, I have to hand paste all the links in to create the page...