18 August 2009

The Pain in Spain Falls Mainly in the Plan

in January 2010, Spain will take over the Presidency of the European Community. Spanish Government has already announced that one of their flagships will be reinforcing the control of the Internet and criminalizing the sharing culture in the digital environment. The consequences of those decisions will be noticed in the rest of the world.

This is the first I've heard of this: bad news if true. Anyone have any more details?

Follow me @glynmoody on Twitter and identi.ca.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds bad, but isn't the presidency only 6 months? I mean, how much damage could they realistically do?

Glyn Moody said...

@Cait: hmm, I don't really share your optimism - I fear they can do a lot, at least in terms of setting things in motion. It probably depends on who follows (Sweden?) and what their priorities are.