05 February 2009

Fortify Jumps on the Meta Open Source Bandwagon

I've already noted my scepticism with regard to the Tories' pledge to go open. Although I applaud a move away from an increasingly closed, authoritarian UK government, my feelings are that it's a case of jumping on the trendy bandwagon of openness.

OK, so riding the waves is what politicians do. But they're not the only culprits: companies do it too. Here's a particular fine example, because it's not so much jumping on the bandwagon, as jumping on somebody jumping on the bandwagon....

On Open Enterprise blog.

4 comments:

Dr. Roy Schestowitz said...

...Careful with Fortify. It's a Microsoft partner that viciously attacked Free software.

Glyn Moody said...

Thanks. I wondered what motivated their rather bizarre comment on the Tories' stuff, since it clearly wasn't backed up by the report they cited.

Dr. Roy Schestowitz said...

I wrote about this the following day. Thanks for the pointer.

Glyn Moody said...

Thanks for the link.