23 June 2006

PLoS Blog Blogs on Bloggers

I was giving the PLoS bloggers some grief over the absence of any postings about the financial situation there - not so much because I think the latter is serious (I don't - I'm with Jan Velterop on this), more that one of the great things about blogs is that they permit very rapid responses.

Chris Surridge Mark Patterson has now addressed this issue. Several other posts show that he his colleague, Chris Surridge, is keeping a close eye on the blogosphere, and beginning to respond more quickly to comments on other blogs. Given the path that PLoS ONE seems to be taking, this kind of awareness and interaction will be absolutely crucial to its success.

It's also good to see some technical details of PLoS ONE emerging - and that everything is resolutely open source.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glyn

A very small correction. Actually it was my colleague Mark Patterson who put down our response to Declan Butler's news piece in Nature. He knows the numbers better than me.

You are absolutely right that awareness and interaction are going to be crucial for PLoS ONE. We have only been blogging for 2 weeks now but we are fast learners.

Glyn Moody said...

Whoops - I must read the small print in future. Thanks for the correction.