04 April 2008

The US Fashion Industry's Death-Wish

Another great post from Mike Masnic:


The fashion industry got jealous of the entertainment industry's ability to crack down on innovation with copyrights and pushed Congress to introduce new legislation that would add a copyright for fashion design. Recently such laws have been getting a big push from politicians who are pandering to the fashion industry. Of course, studies have shown that the very reason the industry has thrived was because the lack of IP protection. In fact, one bit of research showed that adding IP protections to fashion could kill the industry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I've taken the liberty of creating a twitterfeed of your blog as your many entries per day lend itself to the twitter mode of distribution. You can find it at twitter.com/opendotdotdot and I'll be glad to give you the username and password for the account if you just hit me on aim at thejonnydover.
I really like your writing, Glyn!

Glyn Moody said...

Thanks - I'm flattered. You're welcome to keep control - I'm not a twit (yet).

And many apologies for not posting this sooner: Google is eating most of my blog comments these days - I'm only now going through the thousands of real spam message to find them.....